Our Service Commitments
Find out more about our service commitments, which are the standards of service you can expect when you contact us.
Our customers include our affiliated members, members of the public, colleagues working in Irish in Britain and anyone else who contacts us.
Our services will be available Monday to Friday, 10 am to 4pm. We will let you know in advance if we have to change the times that you can expect to contact us.
Our staff and representatives will:
- Be polite and professional
- Keep appointments
- Carry a business card that offers work contact details
Our general rules
- We will always try to answer your questions when you first contact us
- If we need to call you back, we will tell you when we will do so and we will call at the time we say we will.
- We will tell you who will be dealing with your query and let you know if there is going to be a delay.
- We will provide up–to–date contact details on letters, in newsletters, and on our website.
- We will provide information that is accurate, reliable, clear, and free of unexplained jargon.
- To reduce unnecessary postage, we will send out information by email in the first instance and post where this is not possible.
We expect you to:
- be considerate to staff
- be polite and not discriminate unlawfully against anyone
- let us know if you are unable to keep an appointment.
If you use abusive or threatening language or behaviour, we will end phone calls or meetings politely.
If we get something wrong, we will:
- aim to put it right
- give you a copy of our Complaints Procedure
- keep outgoing voicemail messages up to date
- Our London office number will respond to messages within 1 day and our part–time staff will respond as soon as possible
- Provide another name or number to contact if we will be away from the office for more than one day.
- aim to reply in full to all letters within 10 working days or write to tell you what is happening if we can’t meet this timescale
- record all letters and keep a copy on a file.
- give you our direct email addresses
- reply in full to all emails within 10 working days or let you know what is happening if we can’t meet this timescale
- send an automatic out–of–office reply, which will include details of another person to contact, when we will be out of the office for one working day or more.
- give the name of our organisation
- give our name
- call you back if you ask us to
- give you our direct telephone number.
Comments and compliments
If you receive exceptional service from us we’d like to hear about it. We also welcome your suggestions on how we can improve our existing services or introduce new ones. You can send your comments and compliments in writing via email or post to
Irish in Britain
Haringey Irish Centre (3rd Floor)